4415 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

MicroServer N36L - No IP-Config / LAN connection possible

kidata
Occasional Collector

MicroServer N36L - No IP-Config / LAN connection possible

Hi,

i've got a new ProLiant MicroServer N36L and can't get it connected to my (DSL) router.

The NIC-LED is just blinking very fast, when i connect the patch-cable to my router, but no IP-config will be established from the DHCP in the router.

I've checked the cable with my laptop - no problem, ethernet connected, correct IP and subnet mask given from DHCP.

Also manual network configuration doesn't work.

Tried Ubuntu Server 12 and Windows 8 CP - same issue on both.

Any suggestions for this problem? Maybe some BIOS settings necessary? 

3 REPLIES 3
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: MicroServer N36L - No IP-Config / LAN connection possible

Hi,

does your router perhaps limit MAC-addresses that may connect?

Tried the same port that your laptop is connected to?

You could of course also try a cable between the server and the laptop, can you get connectivity that way?

Could you try installing a supported OS?

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=4310887

For RHEL5 try for example CentOS 5 or Scientific Linux 5, they are both free and clones of RHEL5.
kidata
Occasional Collector

Hi,

i tried the same port that the laptop connects to and there is no MAC filtering active.

But i didn't try a direct connection between laptop and server with a patch cable - IMHO this works only with a crossover cable, right? If all else fails, i will give it a try.

Currently i stuck with installing CentOS 5 from USB-Key -  it's kind of tricky, but i keep trying ...

I've attached a view from NIC config and the routers config - same MAC but different IPs?!

Didn't understand how this could be.

kidata
Occasional Collector

Hi,

finaly got CentOS 5.8 installed.

But still the same problem: eth0 couldn't be activated, IP-Config failed. 

The router (SIEMENS SL2-141-I) says hp-server is connected at 192.168.1.52 but the NIC-LED keeps blinking hectic. Maybe there's a hardware problem?