1752777 Members
6171 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Microserver G7 Stuck in Sleep Mode

rhodeski
Occasional Visitor

Microserver G7 Stuck in Sleep Mode

I've just received the HP Micro G7 N54L.  As per the included important info doc, I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version (SP64420).

I replaced the supplied 250Gb drive with a 2TB drive and installed Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials (from my MSDN subscription).  After completing the install and confguring the server, I turned it off and installed an additional 3TB hard disk.

On restarting the machine, no video is displayed on the monitor, and it reports 'In Power Save Mode.  Press any key on the keyboard or move the mouse'.  

I've tried reconnecting the keyboard and mouse in each of the 6 USB ports but nothing will bring the machine out of sleep mode. 

I've double checked the monitor is working by plugging in to my laptop where it displays the screen asw expected.

As per the troubleshooting guide, I have tried resetting the CMOS using the jumper and removing the battery methods.

I've also removed the system tray and ensured the memorry module is properly seated.

I'm able to ping the machine, and can connect via RDP so I know that it is booting to the desktop.

The last 2 posts in this thread also appear to report the same issue, although there hasn't been any response / resolution.  

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-Netservers/Microserver-N40L-No-Boot-Or-Video/td-p/5767509#.UuajQhDFLIU

If anyone has any additional troubleshooting steps, or suggestions as to how I can fix the issue, they would be greatly appreciated.  Failing that, I guess this will need to be RMA'd as faulty USB?

2 REPLIES 2
rhodeski
Occasional Visitor

Anybody have any ideas?

I've tried a second, known working keyboard but it still won't come out of sleep mode.

The hp symbol on the front stays blue, which i take to mean everything is ok.

rhodeski
Occasional Visitor

Just to update the thread, contacted HP support who sent out a replacement motherboard so must be a known issue.