ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748213 Members
3253 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Microserver Gen 10

Mollel

Microserver Gen 10

So I bought myself a MicroServer Gen 10 thinking this should be easy to set up.    I installed an SSD, plugged in a display, stuck my usb keyboard/mouse in and powered up.   At this point I am planning to interrupt the startup and change bios boot order so I can install an OS .  However,  the display just sits there with "Hewlette Packard Enterprise".    Anyone know how to get one of these to go through some sort of startup so I can get an OS on it?

2 REPLIES 2
Ashwin-Scindhe
Advisor

1. If you are installing an operating system from a bootable media, insert the media into the server. 2. Press the Power On/Standby button. 3. Verify that the system power LED changes to green. 4. During the initial boot, on the enter setup prompt, press the F2 or Del key to access the Aptio Setup Utility and do one of the following: тАв Modify the default BIOS configuration settings. тАв Access the preloaded ClearOS image. тАв Adjust the boot order to select the OS bootable media.
CharlesN
Visitor

Hello, this happen to me also when I had a drive that was present on the SATA port, but not properly powered up... the server BIOS seems to wait forever the disk to come online.

- I would suggest you disconnect all disk, keyboard and mouse , keep the monitor, and see if it goes after the "HPE Logo" and then reconnect each one by one.

Please tell me if that solve your problem.

You have the choice, Always