SOLVED
Go to solution
Nilozone
Frequent Visitor

Microserver Gen8 memory and ILO question/problem

Hello

I just got a new Microserver gen 8 , pentium 2020 , 2GB ram

i have 2 questions

1. Is this memory compatible with this server ? HP 672631-B21 MEMORY 16GB 2RX4 PC312800R

2. ILO doesnt work . Led from the conector is not lighting up when i conect-it to my network . Do i need to activate something for this 2 work ? I tried manual configuration , but ILO doesnt show up in my network , neither thru DHCP.

Thankyou for your support !

Sorry for my english

8 REPLIES 8
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Re: Microserver Gen8 memory and ILO question/problem

Greetings!

16GB memory module is not compatible with Gen8 Microservers.

Please find the supported memory configuration below.

Capture.JPG

You may also refer the details in the Gen8 Microserver Quickspecs from below link.

http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04128132

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
Renjiv
Respected Contributor

Hi,

You may try resetting the ILO and check the status.

Also refer the below link if you are logging into ILO  for the 1st time.

http://seiler.it/ilo-on-hp-proliant-microserver-gen8/

Regards,

Renji V

Was this post useful? -
To say thanks click the "thumbs up" icon below!!! .....
TVVJ
HPE Pro
Solution

Hi,

This server supports only UDIMMs. The memory module part number 672631-B21  is a (1X16GB)  16GB, 1600MHz, PC3-12800R-11, DDR3, dual-rank x4, 1.50V, registered dual in-line memory module (DIMM) i.e. an RDIMM. Hence the meomory option is not compatible. You may refer to the server's qucikspecs, section "Memory" for more information.

Check if the iLO functionality is enabled in BIOS. To do so, reboot the server press F8 during the HP splash screen to launch the iLO RBSU setting, navigate to Settings > Configure and check if iLO Functionality  is set to 'Enabled'. If it is set to enabled, then to enable it, the iLO 4 Security  Override Switch.  The following steps may be performed:

a. Refer to section  'Component identification > System board components > System maintenance switch' in the server's maintenance and service guide to help identify the system maintenance switch on the system board.  

b. To access the above mentioned switch, power off the server and remove the power cable, remove the chassis panel and locate the system maintenance switch on the system. 

c. Set switch S1 from its default "Off" position to the  "On" position, replace the chassis panel and then power on the server.

d. There will be a message that a system maintenance switch has been turned on. At this point, power off the server, remove power cable, remove the chassis panel and revert switch S1's position to default "Off" position, replace the chassis panel and power on the server. This procedure would enable iLO functionality to the server. If DHCP is enabled, then iLO should pickup an IP address automatically.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Others have aleady answered the DIMM question.

As for iLO, do you have the system configured for iLO to be in shared port mode instead of dedicated port mode?  in shared mode iLO shares NIC port 1

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Nilozone
Frequent Visitor

ILO is now up after the service switch procedure.

I asked about the memory because it had a greate price ... but now i got the ideea .

Thankyou for everything

TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hi,

The NIC 1 is a NIC 1/shared iLO connector. To use this NIC port as an iLO connector, press F8 during the server POST splash screen to run the iLO RBSU. In that navigate to option 'Network > NIC and TCP/IP' in that set Network Interface Adapter to 'Shared Network Port - LOM' to enable NIC 1 to act as iLO port.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Nilozone
Frequent Visitor

Thankyou , the dedicated port is up and running now .

Again i have a new problem .

i installed the 60 days trial license  ... and after 4-5 hours i was back to the basic one and after i tried to re enter the license i get the the next error .

Can u help me please or direct me to where i can get an answer ?

bullman

Could HP please remove the limit in the BIOS on Ram DIMM size? 16GB modules exist now that would be compatible with the cpu and chipsets use in the gen8 microserver if the artificial limit HP imposed in BIOS was removed.