ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753424 Members
4661 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Microserver Win Server 2008 R2 chipset/storage drivers "no documents found" error

Dave_R3D
Visitor

Microserver Win Server 2008 R2 chipset/storage drivers "no documents found" error

Hi

I'm looking for Win 2008 r2 chipset and storage drivers for the Microserver but I encounter a "no documents found" error when I click on the "obtain software" link, for both the chipset and storage drivers.

The drivers should be available here, but the links seem to be dead.

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=4248036&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4064

Where else can I find these drivers?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Microserver Win Server 2008 R2 chipset/storage drivers "no documents found" error

>Where else can I find these drivers?

Looks like you'll have to search the AMD site.

You could report the broken links on the Contact Us link at bottom left:

https://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home

Dave_R3D
Visitor

I forgot to mention that I've also checked the AMD site.

Looking in the drivers download section I can find drivers for AMD's 6 to 9 series chipsets, but none of them offer a Server 2008 r2 driver, only the regular XP, Vista, 7, 8 etc.

Downloading and running the Windows 7/8 x64 driver doesn't work, possibly a corrupt file, the file doesn't even have an extension. Extrating it as a .zip or renaming and running it as .exe or .msi doesn't work either.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+7+-+64#

Nothing is working for me today :(

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

I downloaded that file from AMD, and named it 'amd-catalyst-omega-14.12-sb-sata-ahci-win8.1-win7.exe' and it ran. Once it extracted the files, I cancelled the installer.  It only has Win 7/8 files

Those storage drivers for that server were always provided by AMD and it was just a link from the HP support site. Looks like AMD has dumped the landing page. 

Maybe

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Dave_R3D
Visitor

I've contacted HP and AMD about this issue, now awaiting replies.

In the meantime, any ideas?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@Dave_R3D wrote:

I've contacted HP and AMD about this issue, now awaiting replies.

In the meantime, any ideas?

Just run as individual SATA disks and use the RAID function from within the OS

Dave_R3D
Visitor

Will running generic Microsoft drivers have an impact on performance?

Bearing in mind I also have bitlocker running.

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Since the RAID function is controlled by the driver your trying to find I'd say no performance impact. It's software RAID in a driver  versus software RAID from the OS

Dave_R3D
Visitor

I got a response from the email I sent to HP;

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the print screen.
I would like to point out that the downloads you are searching for a accessible only if you have a registration on the HPSC site below :

As well you should have a valid and active agreement to authorize you such downloads linked to your HPSC profile.

I have not been able to find your profile. Could you please provide me a valid HPSC profile and a contract so I could proceed further.

I am confused...

Since when did I need to register and have a "valid and active agreement" to download drivers?

I have registered, obviously, downloads still don't work, but what's the agreement?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

My understanding is you need an active service agreement to download firmware, not drivers.

This issue here is the driver has always been external from HP and AMD has moved or deleted the page.