ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753774 Members
7013 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NC373i Netzwork card have problem with VLAN's?

Peter Seyringer

NC373i Netzwork card have problem with VLAN's?

Hello!

At the begin of july i startet to test a Proline ML350-G5 server to integrate in our VLAN environment. I start to install Windows Server 2003R2 x64 SP2 German. After the setup is complete i install the Support Pack 7.80A. I setup up the network card to work without vlan on a untranking port - no Problems. Then i change them to a tranking port on the switch and define my vlans. Without any problems i have access to my network and can test them....
Now the test server should change to a productive one. I delete the old version .... (i hope you know the setup of a server ;))
Then i install the newest Support Pack 7.90A. There are no problems while installing. Without using vlan i have access to my network (on a untranking port). But if i define a vlan, it doesn't work.
If i take a look at ipconifg /all i see, the first vlan card i have defindet, has no MAC Adress!! I always get 00-00-00-00-00 as number. I litte moment i get access to the remote terminal from my admin pc.
If i downgrade the driver of the nic i get a mac adress for this vlan, but i can't start the control panel for the card, because a driver is to new.
My question is, are that symtoms are bugs or a future?

Peter
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Rosan
Valued Contributor

What brand/model is your switch?

Why do you have the port set to trunking rather than an 'access port' on the appropriate vlan?
Peter Seyringer

>What brand/model is your switch?
Netgear GS724T

>Why do you have the port set to trunking >rather than an 'access port' on the >appropriate vlan?
I only can set each VLAN trunking for each port on the switch