1753925 Members
8765 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NC7782's on DL380 G4 will not work after BSOD Support Pack Upgrade

Paul DiMarino

NC7782's on DL380 G4 will not work after BSOD Support Pack Upgrade

Greetings,

I was updating a support pack on a Windows 2003 Server when it blue screened. Upon return, the network team was unable to connect to the network. I re-ran the Support Pack install, which went fine, but the problem persisted.

I noticed the 2 NIC's (both NC7782's) were disabled when viewing newtork connections. I then went into Computer Manager where they were disabled as well. I tried renabling from both locations without any luck.

I downloaded the individual NIC and Network Management drivers and installed... no luck. I tried reapplying the old support pack... no luck. I tried installing the individual legacy drivers... no luck. I upgraded again... no luck.

I tried upgrading the firmware despite having run the firmware maintenance CD prior to the support pack upgrade, and this is the only thing that gave me any type of feedback. I got a "q57w2k.sys or q57xp32.sys required but not installed error".

Anybody have any tidbits of wisdom? Thanks in advance.

Paul
2 REPLIES 2
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: NC7782's on DL380 G4 will not work after BSOD Support Pack Upgrade

By any chance were you running the ProLiant Support Pack during a Remote Desktop (Terminal Services administration) session? If so, I've seen similar behavior. You may need to uninstall the NCU (Network Configuration Utility) used to team and then uninstall the NC7782's from Device Manager, then reboot and reinstall. I've seen some servers fixed by doing this regularly; I've seen some fixed by having to go into Safe Mode with Networking; and finally I've seen some of that required a Windows Repair using the installation media.

Good luck!
AndreasM
Occasional Advisor

Re: NC7782's on DL380 G4 will not work after BSOD Support Pack Upgrade

Hello,
how do you uninstall the NCU?
It is not listed in Add and remove Programs.

Thank you