ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753488 Members
4233 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NETSERVER LP2000R FLASHING LIGHT?

mike grant

NETSERVER LP2000R FLASHING LIGHT?

I work for a nonprofit and we were given a really nice netserver rack with servers they have so far all worked very well but one server has a flashing light on the front with a power plug image next to it, it flashes from green to red, anyone know what this means?
3 REPLIES 3
BR642007
Respected Contributor

Mike,

This is the RPS light (Redundant Power Supply) and this is what the service manual tells about it:
Alternating Red/Green for warning condition indicating that the power
supply system is not functioning correctly.

Please check if you have 2 power supplies in the server and both receive power? There should be a green LED on the back of the power supplies. If you have windows running on it with TopTools netserver agents or instant TopTools you could check what toptools is saying about the power status.
Or boot from Navigator CD (if you have it) and check the system event log for power related messages.

Hope this helps,

Marco
mike grant

I dont have any of these tools where can I get them? I want them!
BR642007
Respected Contributor

You can download Instant Toptools and the Netserver Agents here:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=30461&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=226

Navigator CD cannot be downloaded, it was provided with the initial delivery of the server