1748227 Members
4469 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NTLDR is missing

Vojt─Ыch Ol┼бansk├╜
Occasional Contributor

NTLDR is missing

I have server HP ProLiant ML310G4. After installation Win 2003 Server Standard I wanted to set the 2 hard drives to mirroring an 3th for backup. After I try it, from that moment is not possible to boot server from HD because of above message. If I try to boot server from CD HP SmartStart the process ends on last step reading from CD over and over without end. Can somebody help m ? Any company support in not available because of weekend.
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Huffer
Honored Contributor

Wrong forum but if you tried to set up a RAID-1 array after installing the OS that is not right. Set up the hdds the way you want them and then install the OS.
"When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras"
Julian Lopez

To set up any array configuration (In easy way) usually destroy any data in hard drives,
Suggestion:
1.- Set up the array with first 2 hard drives(Mirror only)
2.- Install the OS (Any supported)
3.- From Win2003Std or 3th part Software Set up the 3th Hard Drive for backup (Snapshot, DbExport, Synchro, HPOV, veritas etc)
4.- To Create recovery CD/DVD
------------------------------------------------------------------
Note. In order to recover lost data for Win2003Std, the Win2003Std boot disk and a floppy drive 3,5 with RAID driver included (Yes, Win2003Std reads the driver in a floppy drive only) are required. Remember to press F6 During Win2003Std boot time in order to load the driver generated in the floppy. Once recognized the array and logical HD, start the recovery console and run command CHKDSK from CD.
This procedure usually works.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Vojt─Ыch Ol┼бansk├╜
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help. But I am not familiar to topic of server, thats why if you want to help me tell me: do mirroring of your HDDs when and how.
In the mean time I installed HP SmartStart (takes cca 3 hours) and I continue with disk 1 of Win Server 2003 Standard.