8958 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NetRaid Speed on LH4r

BR733612
Advisor

NetRaid Speed on LH4r

Hi,

From what I understand NetRaid should be about 40MB/s. What I run system performance from LT&T I am getting about 1MB/s - 4MB/s this is really slow ??? What could be the problem ? Drives are reported as fine and its offical HP cables etc The server has two cages.

Its running Windows NT4 sp6a. I have disabled Anti-Virus to no joy. The server doesnt do much apart from serve files.

Thanks for any pointers

Ed
2 REPLIES 2
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Ed,

Please tell me you don't have the tape drive connected to the NetRAID Controller. The only devices that should be connected are those that are participating in a RAID array.

Now, the embedded SCSI and the embedded NetRAID should be Ultra-2 (80MB/s) and 1-4 megs is pretty slow. What model of tape drive are you testing with L&TT? You may just need to move it to a different controller.

Let us know what you find out,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
BR733612
Advisor

Hi,

The tape drive is on its own card (Adaptec 29160LP), isnt connected to the embedded cards. The NETRaid is the only thing running with RAID 5 drive array and two cages. I am baffled - I know the drive smight be fragmented - but this wouldn't drop the speed to this surely ??

Thanks

Ed