ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751805 Members
4986 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

NetServer E800 second SCSI drive not recognized

Mac Morgan

NetServer E800 second SCSI drive not recognized

I have a bunch of E800 servers that I removed from work and I decided to use one for home use. They all had single 18.2 ST318406LW disk drives internally running Win/2K. I formatted the drive and installed XP along with added memory, graphics card, CD writer, etc and everything works fine but when I tried to add a second disk drive to use for Ghost backups, the SCSI utility rejects the second drive during bootup and shows REV=HP03, SYNC=NO, WIDE=8. If I boot with the second drive by itself, it comes up fine and all of the values show as REV=HP04, SYNC=80.0, WIDE=16 like they should. They are addressed as 0 and 1 and show up that way during the bootup display. This server has SCSI built into the motherboard and two additional Adaptec SCSI boards installed for external RAID (not connected now). I've entered the SymBios and SCSI config utilities to see if there was something set incorrectly but I don't see any issues there. I found a hit for the HP04 firmware for these Seagate drives, but it would appear that the primary drive is reflecting that level already. Since it fails before booting the drive, I'm confident it has nothing to do with the O/S. Anyone know what what may be causing this?