1752337 Members
5636 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetServer LD PRO

Jorge Moura

NetServer LD PRO

The operating system started to hang without any apparently reason. After a while in the boot process the server started to fail on disk recognition (didn't find the disk with the operating system).
I run the entire HP diagnosis test and it didn't find any hardware error. I'm trying to re-install a fresh copy of Windows NT 4 but after the first boot the server cannot find the operating system, i.e., the server doesn't detect the boot disk.
Every time I start install the O.S. data is written to the disk and the boot.ini file is correctly updated but, as I described above, after the first boot the server cannot find the operating system.
Please help.
Thank you,
Jorge Moura
3 REPLIES 3
CA660377
Honored Contributor

Re: NetServer LD PRO

Are you installing NT4 using the 3 diskette method? Are you loading the correct drivers for the SCSI or Netraid controller by skipping mass storage detection, and specifying the drivers? You can find the drivers here:

http://h20004.www2.hp.com/keeper_rnotes/bsdmatrix/matrix50444.html
Jorge Moura

Hello Theo Hill,

Instalation methods used till now:
- Microsoft Windows NT 4 bootable CD
- Microsoft Windows NT 4 boot diskettes

SCSI drivers tryied out in the setup:
- Windows Setup autodetect SCSI drivers
- Force specific and latest Adaptec AIC 7800 - 2940 SCSI drivers

... and nothing worked... After the first setup boot the O.S. is not found, but if I access the disk I can see that files were indide writen and apperently everything is there: the boot.ini, the ntldr, the winnt folder....
I don't understand I the server refuse to start the O.S..

Please help!
CA660377
Honored Contributor

Is the BIOS enabled on the SCSI card, and all other SCSI BIOS disabled? Did you verify the boot order in the ECU?