ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753601 Members
6649 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NetServer LH 3000 with NetRaid 4M Controller

BR689538

NetServer LH 3000 with NetRaid 4M Controller

Has anyone been able to upgrade this system from NT4 to Win2k? How did you get past the problem of Win2k not installing with a Net-Raid4m controller present? The Nt4 to Win2k driver on hp website is not doing the magic for me.
2 REPLIES 2
CA660377
Honored Contributor

Re: NetServer LH 3000 with NetRaid 4M Controller

It's doesn't always work. that is why it is not supported. You need to do a fresh install of win2k.
Charles Denham

Re: NetServer LH 3000 with NetRaid 4M Controller

I had the advantage of a second NetRAID 1M board, which I was booting from, but still had your issue.

I Managed to get round the issue by disabling the onboard 4M (to LDV SCSI, not RAID), uninstalling the Agents/Top tools, running the So called "Utility" (Not impressed by the original lack of results with that!), removing the NetRAID 4M adapter from the SCSI drivers, rebooting and then disabling the HP drivers that failed to load.

I then proceded to delete the three HP Drivers from the SYSTEM32\Drivers directory, removed all the .INF files with the NetRAID 4M from the INF directory(2 or 3 of them). And without rebooting, ran the Upgrade to W2K.

On the reboot, I got an Inaccessible Boot Device, so I restarted and used the F6 option to load manufacturers SCSI device, loaded the 1M, U3 onboard SCSI and also (for the hell of it) the 4M driver.

After these simple steps the upgrade to W2K seemed to work fine. (Only had to re-do it about 20 times before I got the solution)

Preferably I would not have done it this way, but circumstances meant that I had to.

Hope this helps