1752402 Members
6023 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Netserver LC 2000

CA1237102

Netserver LC 2000 can’t boot

All,
I have a net server lc 2000 that can’t boot from anything (floppy, cd).
System has a raid 5 with 1si controller.
My tape backup died and after reboot the PC defaults to a blinking cursor after initial post. I can’t get the system to boot from CD or Floppy. Bios has floppy seek enabled and CD is the only device on IDE1.
Has anybody seen this before and have a few suggestions?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
ncsabi@pchp.n

2 REPLIES 2
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Nick,

open the server and locate the 'clear config' dip switch, change it from position and power the server up untill it does its POST.
Switch off again, change switch to original position and power up again.

If this does not help make sure the Netraid 1Si does not report any errors at bootup (i.e. does it still see the logical drive it had configured on the disks ?)

Try booting of a Windows cd and start a installation to the point where it checks for previous installations. Or try a bootable DOS floppy and run fdisk to see if the file system looks ok (partitions available ?), if not something went corrupt i.e. and you need a reinstallation of the OS.

just some thoughts ...

HTH

Kris

Hi,

do you have your Symbios SCSI controller enabled with no device attached to it? I figured this out myself. When you have the Symbios SCSI controller enabled with no device attached the system wont boot or boot bad into anything. If so, try disabling it by pressing CTRL+C when prompted at boot.

Regards,

Koen van Blijderveen