108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netserver LC II not booting after BIOS update

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pops
Occasional Advisor

Netserver LC II not booting after BIOS update

I have a Netserver LC II and just upgraded the BIOS to the lastest version available on HP
Is it a boot option that has changed in the new BIOS version ? Is there somithing I overlooked in the BIOS settings ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
CA660377
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Netserver LC II not booting after BIOS update

I would try and clear the cmos on the system.

With the server off find the block of system switches located near the system battery. Place switch 5 in the on position. Boot the server. At the end of post, the system will tell you to power the system off then flip the switch back. Power the system down, flip the switch back to the off position. You will need to enter the setup (press F2 on post) and do a save and exit. See if this helps. This will change all the BIOS settings back to the defaults.
Pops
Occasional Advisor

I cleared the CMOS, got in the Setup, saved and still "Operating system not found". Any other idea ? Is there a special stting that must be used so I can boot from a logical disk handled by the NetRaid controller ?
Pops
Occasional Advisor

Got to bring this server on-line fast. Is there any way to download old versions of the BIOS ? Someone here from HP ?
CA660377
Honored Contributor

No, older BIOS revs are not available. Find a 98 boot disk and run fdisk to see if the system sees the partition information.
Pops
Occasional Advisor

fdisk says No disk installed.
Pops
Occasional Advisor

The disk handled by the NetRaid controller doesn't show up in the Boot Device Ordering->Hard drive priority menu in the BIOS Setup. Only my tape backup and "bootable cards" shows up. Why do I get the feeling that the new BIOS doesn't talk to the NetRaid controller at all ?
Pops
Occasional Advisor

Deu-heu. It just booted. It would seem that selecting "Bootable cards" as first in Hard disk priority was all I had to do. I did it before I cleared the CMOS and it didn't work at the time, so I didn
Thanks a lot !