1748204 Members
4035 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netserver LH 3000

Trevor D Skinner
Occasional Contributor

Netserver LH 3000

On boot up the server errors with the following AIC-7880 SCSI BIOS v2.57.0S3.
Firmware is not valid.
See readme file on "Integrated HP NetRAID Firmware Update" diskette from HP Navigator CD. Press any key to continue.
After this I also get a 0B00-0A Missing microcode update data block fro CPU.
I have reflashed the memory from Navigator CD M.02.00 but problem still persists.
2 REPLIES 2
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Trevor,

The message you are getting is pointing the the firmware for the integraded SE SCSI controller and not the NetRAID Controller. What you will want to do is flash the System BIOS with the latest one from the website (found here:)
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&prodNameId=19611&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns1066en

Run the executable which will create a boot floppy for you. When you boot to the diskette, press 1 to continue and it will update a bunch of components.

If that doesn't help, try the NetRAID Firmware from the website here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&prodNameId=19611&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns-30522-1

If that doesn't help, we need to figure something out; has anything been replaced on the server? If any boards have been replaced, we may be in a situation where a U2 component was replaced with a U3 component. That's when we need to run the conversion file.

Give that a try and let us know how it goes,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Trevor D Skinner
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sean
Sorry for the delay in replying but I have been on Hols for a few days.

Although the files can be downloaded from the HP web site, ie. Firmware/BIOS/NetRaid I cannot extract the files to floppy disks as the auto extraction routine errors with an "Attempting to DMA across 64K boundary" error. It writes nothing to the floppy disk at all. This is the case for the majority of the LH 3000 files. Other NetServer model downloads are fine, so I figured its the files.

I have e-mailed HP but do not have a reply yet, so I am a bit stuck at the moment.

The only items replaced on the server are the disk drives all Ultra 2 18Gb x 12. I have replaced the CPU card with an identical one with no change to the NetRaid problem but it did clear the microcode problem when the original was reinstalled and the fimware reflashed from Navigator CD.

Hope that helps.

Trevor