4361 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Netserver LH3 Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joseph Weaver

Netserver LH3 Question

im an it for a nonprofit charitable organization and we were just donated a netserver LH3 from a local business, but the isue is is when i boot the server off of a boot floppy the scsi hard drives dont show up and it creates the ramdrive on C. i got the server with 2 scsi hardrives, the navigator cd and manual were missing.

and help would be greatly apreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
CA1248225
Advisor
Solution

Re: Netserver LH3 Question

Hi Joseph,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with these older models to be too precise.
I can tell you that in general, a boot floppy is unlikely to see the hard drives as it wouldn't have the required drivers.

The question here is what OS you want to install?
If it was anything recent like Windows 2003 I'd probably guess the drivers will be built into the OS and you'd just boot up to the install CD.

Why are you trying to boot to a floppy anyway? Any modern OS should install from a CD. If you're installing something like NT4 or an old version of Linux, you will probably need to go hunting for an appropriate SCSI driver.
Joseph Weaver

Re: Netserver LH3 Question

yea the only catch was that i had to copy the files off the hard drive to tape but the problem is is the server was in their store room for a while and they dont remember the log in info. so i need to acess the sam file to extract the pwords and usernames to log in and copy their files.