1753406 Members
7136 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netsever navigator CD for Netserver LPr

Jason Humphrey

Netsever navigator CD for Netserver LPr

Hi,
I have obtained a netserver navigator LPr and want to install centos onto it. I have run a bootable CD and the installer starts but then ends compaining that there are no avalible HDDs installed.

I tried installing XP onto it to check if the SCSI HDD was ok but I got a simmilar message.

I believe that I need to run netserver navigator to set the system up properly but I don't have the disc. Anybody know where to get it?
Thanks
Jason
4 REPLIES 4
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Hi Jason,

The Netserver Navigator CD's are no longer available, nor are they required for installation. The issue you are having exists because you need to specify the driver for the hard drive controller when installing. The first thing you need to do is figure out which controller the hard drives are connected to. If it is a RAID controller, you need to ensure that your RAID array is configured. If it is just a standard SCSI controller, you only need to specify the driver. I don't know what Centos is but if it isn't windows based, you may need to search the internet for compatible drivers (mraid for the raid controller), otherwise, you can download drivers from the following link:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=18328&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50457&submit.y=11&submit.x=6&cc=us

Hope this helps,

Sean T. Craig C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
W Cox

Hi There,

Found this recent thread while searching for "navigator cd".

I too have an old Netserver LPr. I'd like to update the bios in it, but from what I can tell, I need this Navigator CD to do so. (I found the bios image, no problem.)

Is there any other way to update the bios, or is it possible to get an ISO image of the CD I can burn myself?

-Thanks, Wayne
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor

Wayne,

Again, you do not need the Navigator CD to update the BIOS. If you don't already have the file, you can download it from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=50440&prodNameId=18328&swEnvOID=54&swLang=13&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ns1815en
After you download the file, run it and it will create a bootable diskette. Restart the server to the disk and press 1 to begin update. A few minutes later, your system will be up to date.

Hope this helps,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
Frankl
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
well a far as i know raid controllers, you need to set up a container first, define the raid you want 0,1,2,5,10 and durinx XP initial setup, install the RAID and or SCSI driver (hit f6), So i think you do need a navigator CD. Maybe there are other packages that can set your RAID configuration.