ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751695 Members
5170 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

Network stops responding

Marcel Le

Network stops responding

We have an HP proliant server HP DL 380 G4 model with a 3.2GHZ CPU, 4GB Ram and NIC 1GBps. The server is running Windows 2003 Standard Edition Server. The latest available network drivers have been installed.

The server has several folders wich a shared and used by approx 200 network users.

The problem we face is that when too many users use the server at the same time or if a person performs a backup operation (i.e. a client uses RoboCopy to copy files to the server) the network stops responding completely. Enabling and disabling the network doesn't resolve the problem and the only work-around is to restart the server.

The error that the event logger shows

"The following error occured while reading the list of sessions from Windows clients:

Error 1450: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

What can we do to work arond this problem? Previously when we had 120 network users this problem didn't happen but now with 200 users the problem occurs at least 2 or 3 times a week.

As noted above, we already update the drivers (which reduces the amount of crashes) but did not resolve the problem.
1 REPLY 1
Leon Mansfield

Re: Network stops responding

Hey there, I have something of the same problem. (I still have the problem.)
-Do you still have the problem?
- What drivers were you using before?
- What drivers are you using now?
- What is your NIC card set to? auto/auto, forced to 100-full duplex, 100-half-duplex, forced 1000?

I found this advisory that deals with high TCP/IP network environments. I'm guessing this may apply to you as well.