ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1751907 Members
4641 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: New Server Microserver Gen8 freezes when installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in IP

HowieTNC
Collector

New Server G1610t freezes when installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in Intelligent Provisioning

Alright I am no expect but no novice either.

Boot up seems ok, and Intelligent Provisioning fires up v1.61. I set up the drive just by clicking create array

I upgraded the memory to 2 x 4GB but it is genuine HP and seems ok on start up.  Using a 1TB HP drive to start things off with, again genuine I thought it would make things easy!.  The only thing that looks weird to me is it says 0.0% available on the RAID bootup checks

I have updated the firmware, separately in IP 1.61

I don't have a disc reader build in so attaching a sony Blue ray r/w disc, it does recognise it and the install normally starts though not always! sometimes it hangs/freezes at formatting stage

Other times it hangs/freezes at the copying files stage.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Howard

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New Server G1610t freezes when installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in Intelligent Provisioning

It is a microserver gen8, right?

It could help to use IP 1.62.

Not sure about your disk setup, please try to explain again?

(RAID vs. plain disks etc)

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
HowieTNC
Collector

Re: New Server G1610t freezes when installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in Intelligent Provisioning

Thanks for taking an interest Torsten. I might be more of a novice than I thought

Yes it is a gen8 server

http://www.ebuyer.com/517760-hp-proliant-gen8-g1610t-microserver-712317-421

I have loaded in one SATA HP 1TB HDD drive and set it up by creating an array and logical drive in Intelligent Provision, per the instructions!

http://www.ebuyer.com/359324-hp-1tb-6g-sata-7-2k-rpm-lff-3-5-inch-non-hot-plug-midline-hard-659337-b21

Hope this helps you  . . . to help me

Thanks

Howard

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: New Server Microserver Gen8 freezes when installing Windows Server 2012 R2 in IP

You can go into BIOS and set the controller to RAID mode, then create a RAID0 for the drive. Download and install IP 1.62 and try again.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
HowieTNC
Collector

Thanks Torsten

The BIOS seems to be set up for RAID using HP smart dynamic and the drive was allocated RAID0 when it was created in Intelligent Provisioning but thanks for confirming, it is reassuring to discount what I think might be the problem when they aren't.

I am updating all the firmware, have to go through 1.61b first so it will take some time and will re-post once I have given it another shot, if not I will start to pester HP!

Thanks for your help

Howard