ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753925 Members
9088 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

No Sound on Proliant ML330 G3

Danny Harris

No Sound on Proliant ML330 G3

I have Windows 2000 Server installed on a Proliant ML330 G3 server. No matter what i do i cannot get the sound to work. For example When i receive a warning/error in windows (ie trying to do something windows doesn't like) all i get is a loud beep not the normal windows warning sound. Very annoying. I cannot change this (usually through the sound in the control panel (ie Windows Sound Theme)) but it doesn't give me the option to change because there is no sound installed. Can anyone tell me where i can install the sound on this server. Where the drivers are? Are they part of the motherboard drivers? If so where do i get those from?

Any help would be appreciated before i pull my hair out if i hear another beep from this server when i do something wrong.

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2
CA859951
Honored Contributor

Re: No Sound on Proliant ML330 G3

Danny:
The ML330G3 does not come with a sound card. Did you install one?

Every server has a speaker (onboard piezo) that is there for POST diagnostics, but also can receive "beep" codes sent as an interrupt from the O/S.

If it bugs you, you can put a peice of tape over the speaker and muffle it.
"Now is the only thing that's real!"
Shahzy

Re: No Sound on Proliant ML330 G3

There is no builtin audio in this server. You can use Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Sound Card (PCI) to ease your life and feed your soul with music.