ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752494 Members
5322 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: No display on TFT5600 RKM from Proliant ML370 G2

Andrew Broad

No display on TFT5600 RKM from Proliant ML370 G2

I've got a TFT5600 RKM which works fine with my other servers but for some reason will not work as a display for a Proliant ML370 G2. When I switch to the channel for the ML370 I get a black screen with a coloured box which is slowly moving to the top left and it reads:

"Warning
PC entering power saving mode
Red Green Blue"

As I say it works fine for the other servers. I have checked windows update and HP thinking maybe it was a driver problem but it's all up to date. I made sure the display settings were 1024x768 at 60Hz as the monitor settings say this is it's preferred setting.

If I plug a regular TFT in to the ML370 it works fine and I can even use the keyboard and trackball of the TFT5600 RKM.

Any ideas as I am stumped. I cannot see what is wrong and there's nothing on the web about this problem.
6 REPLIES 6
Darren Quigley
Advisor

The drivers are update to date - Did you use the Proliant Support Paq update?
If so, you should also run the HP Firmware CD update. This has fixed some of my KVM problems in the past.
Andrew Broad

There has been a new ProLiant Support Pack so I have installed that and I also ran the HP Firmware CD update.

Although it did update the firmware on the server it has not resolved the problem.
Darren Quigley
Advisor

You said "when I switch to the channel for the ML370 I get a black screen". What tpye of device or KVM is the TFT5600 RKM connected to that you are switching?
Andrew Broad

The KVM has a number of blank buttons above the F keys. Pressing these buttons allows you to select a specific input, the 1st button is input 1, the 2nd is input 2, etc. The server I'm having problems with is connected to input 5 and it's when I press the 5th button I get the message I described originally. It only stays on the screen for approximately 4 seconds then the screen goes black.

It reminds me of a monitor connected to a PC which is going in to standby.

I have installed the video drivers again seperately to see if that helped but no joy.

I have found some fixes which appeared to relate to my problem on the HP site under the downloads section for the ML370 G2. They are named:

"HP IP Console Switch Firmware Update"
"HP IP Console Switch Software"
"HP Server Console Switch Upgrade"

I'm going to try installing them one at a time and see if they help in any way.
Andrew Broad

Sorry, let me clarify.

It would appear that the KVM is plugged in to an HP Server Console Switch, the 1x8 port one.

The updates I posted about previously obviously relate to this device not the KVM. It's not an IP Switch it's just the PS/2 one so I'm going to find a serial cable and try to update the firmware on the console switch and see if that is the problem.
Andrew Broad

I've plugged the KVM directly in to the server and it works fine so it must be the Server Console Switch causing problems.

Thanks for your help.