ProLiant Servers - Netservers

PLSP7.90 - hppldu.cfg invalid parameter HPMOUSESILENT

Brunold Rainer
Occasional Contributor

PLSP7.90 - hppldu.cfg invalid parameter HPMOUSESILENT

Hi together,

I have downloaded th plsp7.90 fpr sles 10 and created a hppldu.cfg file for unattended installations aon some dl380g5 server.

I created the file using the gui but whenever I trie to run the unattended installation I get the following error:

LX-XEN012:/images/plsp790 # ./install790.sh --silent --force --inputfile ./hppldu.cfg
The inputfile, ./hppldu.cfg, contains an invalid parameter:
HPMOUSESILENT

Please correct the data, and re-run the HP ProLiant Linux Deployment Utility.

Can somebody tell me how to solve this ? I would like to see what's in the hppldu.cfg but that seems to be crypt with something. Is it possible to decrypt, correct the problem and crypt it back ?

Thanks for any help,
Rainer
3 REPLIES 3
CA1491974

Re: PLSP7.90 - hppldu.cfg invalid parameter HPMOUSESILENT

There is a workaround to this issue. Please add the parameter HPMOUSESILENT to the end of the hppldu.prm file. Needs to be all caps.

This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
CA1491974

There is a workaround to this issue. Please add the parameter HPMOUSESILENT to the end of the hppldu.prm file. Needs to be all caps.

This will be fixed in an upcoming release.
Grant Kavanagh NZ

I have added HPMOUSESILENT to the hppldu.prm file located in the directory where you unpack the PSP to. I have then attempted to re-run the ./instal790.sh --inputfile hppldu.cfg and recieve the same error. Ha thinks me, I will add the HPMOUSESILENT entry to the hppldu.prm file before running the install790.sh gui. I then ran the manual graphical install and configured all my comonents and generatd the hppldu.cfg file. Re-ran the install with the newly generated hppldu.cfg file and low and behold, SAME ERROR --------- The inputfile, ./hppldu.cfg, contains an invalid parameter:
HPMOUSESILENT

Comments and advise please.