6181 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: PROLIANT ML350 SECOND PROCESSOR

SOLVED
Go to solution
JESUS BELLOSO

PROLIANT ML350 SECOND PROCESSOR

I HAVE INSTALLED A SECOND PROCESSOR IN MY PROLIANT ML350 BUT I DONT DONT SEE ANY CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM PROPPERTIES, STILL SHOWS 1.4GHZ MY QUESTION IS, HOW DO I INSTALL IT RIGHT?

PS: This thread has been moved from "business PCs - Deskpro, EVO, professional" Section to "ProLiant servers - Netservers" Section - Forum Moderator
7 REPLIES 7
John Y
Honored Contributor

If you pick your exact model from this link below, you should be able to track down a manual hopefully.

http://h10061.www1.hp.com/ccsearch/search?pname=PROLIANT+ML350+&qry=specs&method=prodFinder&ctry=usтМй=en&dlc=en&sni=&search=0&submit.x=3&submit.y=5
Rainald T
Honored Contributor

Jesus,
unfortuntely you stranded on a far away shore.
For a ProLiant Server there's a special forum
"ProLiant servers - Netservers"
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=431

I'll ask moderators to move the thread there.

Rainald

Jim Nielsen
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Jesus,

You won't notice any change to the speed reported i.e. when you install a second processor the processor speed will not double.

A way to check whether the second processor is properly install is to launch Task Manager > Performance if you run a Windows flavour OS. If the second processor is properly installed you'll notice two bars - or four if you have hyper threading.

HTH,

Regards,
Jim
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Hi Jesus
You don't tell your operating system. It may be so, that you don't get both processors in use before you reinstall OS, make recovery install or change hal.dll. You can notice, if you have both processors in use as adviced in earlier messages.
JESUS BELLOSO

TNX TO EVERY ONE WHO REPLIED, ITS WORKING NOW PROPERLY
;)
Eino V
Honored Contributor

The advantage of two processors is there that, if you are running many programs at same time, some programs use one and some use the other. You must have Win pro or server to recognize two processors.
Eino V
Honored Contributor

Hi Jesus
You can close the tread, if the problem is solved. Wellcome again!