ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753852 Members
9124 Online
108808 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Please help me, Windows2003 can't see harddisk sata om ML150 G2

Please help me, Windows2003 can't see harddisk sata om ML150 G2

Dear Sir, any guy
I have new server model Poliant ML150 G2. I order new hardware from HP part such as SATA Raid Controller Rack cabinet harddisk sata 250GB x 4 disk, and now I ready install hardware on my server and used Diagnostic Utility I can see our SATA hard drives It report no error anything. When I retry install windows 2003 it can't see SATA hard drive {I redy PACK 3 SATA HARD Drive with RAID 0 and 1 SATA hard drive hotspare). What I did mistak?. Please told me howto install step by step.
Thankyou
7 REPLIES 7
FelixLatorre
Occasional Advisor

Something like the problem that I have
Ricknsa
Frequent Advisor

Well its a month later so hopefully someone has helped you.

First load the SATA controller drivers by hitting F6 in the beginning of the windows install. This in it self will allow windows to see your array, if you have the right drivers for the controller

The best way to do this though is use the HP SMART DISK this will install every thing you need, if not install as above
CA1456404

I am having exactly the same issue. But I have tried to use the driver updates on the site. It still errors out. HP Smart disk?? Ok where can I find this magic tool? :-)
Ricknsa
Frequent Advisor

Sorry about that I have to retract my statement, the smart start is for 300 and up. I now remember the issues that we had on our three 150s.

Are you creating the Floppy Disk with the driver utility and loading at the F6 Prompt?

Also for what ever reason once you do tell windows where it is, DO IT again, meaning tell it twice before moving on to the load. Pay very close attention to what it is asking. Not to insult your knowledge, but I am talking about after you press F6 on the initial windows install and later it asks for the additional drivers, it will tell you that it found better drivers, tell it no, I want the drivers on the disk! then do it again!

Also just a note when you get to the Nic card install unless you are using R2, Tell windows to search the WHOLE CD for the nic card drivers, it takes awhile for it to find the right drivers, but if you try to point at the directory it does not work.

Hope this helps. I wish HP would include the 150 in the smart start, it makes loading very quick.
CA1456404

Well I am now beginning to wonder if the SATARAID isn't busted. I ran the Ada[ptec firmware update utility and it couldn't find the adaptec card.

Oh and yes I have made a driver disk and used F6 to load the driver. I didn't thinkof loading it twice. :-) After the driver loads it continues loading windows for a lil bit and then STOP on a pci.sys error. And suggests I use a different video card. Gobber headed MSwin2003.

Well thanks for the help. If you have another thought throw it my way I am always open.
CA1456404

I tried a new install disk and guess what.... yup you guessed, everything now installs and works nicely together. Thanks for the help.
Ricknsa
Frequent Advisor

Anytime !!