1753814 Members
7939 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Poor send performance on DL380G5 with NC373i

Graeme Wood
Advisor

Re: Poor send performance on DL380G5 with NC373i

Has anyone had any success with getting a fix from HP yet?

My problem is with Blade bl460c and using RDP. When I capture an image it goes really fast, but when I send it takes about 10 times longer.
Tom E Reynolds
Advisor

Just an update.

Back in December I immediately installed new HP NC110T PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter(Part# 434905-B21) in all 5 of our HP DL380G5 servers, and they work like a champ! - Thank you Carson

It has resolved all our issues of uploading through the VPN. Our problem was amplified by network congestion with our new site-to-site VPN, but with the Intel cards we now get steady and consistent upload speeds. End of story.

Wireshark has stopped reporting TCP retransmission and TCP Dup Ack error messages.

I spent an entire month troubleshooting that nightmare, what a waste.

Erik Briggs
Occasional Advisor

My major disappointment has not only been that the faulty part came in the first place, but that HP's best response is: hack windows or buy a new card.

Its obvious what the fix is, so usually you make a recall, or ship something to replace it. That's just what you do to keep customers, expecially customers who are paying you thousands of dollars.

I've never responded to the last recommendation on my ticket because I feel offended that I was asked to do something that I had obviously already done. When I made the ticket I already pointed them to this topic and told them that I had already tried all suggested fixes and done my due dilligence.
Chris Privitere

So HP has had the 3.7.23 drivers out on their site since December 17. These seem to be the drivers that some posts complained about HP not releasing.
I would like to know if anyone has tried them and if they've resolved the issue for them (assuming that the 3.4.10 drivers didn't already resolve the issue).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3660137тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=3660135&prodTypeId=329290
James N Thomas

I tried the new drivers, version 3.7.23, and whilst I had no issues with RDP connections or throughput, which were problematic to say the least on earlier versions of the driver,I was still unable to establish inbound VPN connections with ISA2006, unless RSS was disabled in the registry. In my opinion the drivers are a step forward, but they have not fully resolved the issues with RSS that were present before.
deathchurch
Occasional Contributor

We raised a support call with Microsoft and their reply (very quickly) was to change the following registry settings:-

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
EnableRSS == 0
EnableTCPA == 0
Enabletcpchimney == 0

They also mentioned something about a feature they put in the first release of W2k3 SP2 and then took out again
Matt Lockett

We just moved to version 3.7.23 of the driver and it seems to have resolved many of the issues we were having around backups. Our send speed has incresed by about 10X over.
ronn_2
Occasional Advisor

Unfortunately upgrading to 3.7.23.0 did not help us with our SQL Server 2005 servers. The only thing so far to be of help is: Netsh int ip set chimney DISABLED

The issue we were having is with errors being seen on our applications servers when they connect to our SQL Servers. These SQL Servers were also hampering the speed of our application servers.

Is anyone else still having problems even after upgrading to 3.7.23.0?
stever3901

Here is the latest driver that was released in the last couple of days. My preliminary testing looks good. Performance and stability are much improved. There's more tesign to do but there is hope...

This Component Package contains the drivers for the HP NC-Series Multifunction Gigabit Server Adapters for Windows Server 2003. This package contains VBD driver version 4.1.5.0, NDIS 5.2 driver version 4.1.3.0, and iSCSI offload driver version 4.1.8.0.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=397634&prodNameId=3288132&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-23cac2af8dcf4e4296617ca0aa

CP008415.exe HP NC-Series Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003
├в ┬в NC370F
├в ┬в NC370i
├в ┬в NC370T
├в ┬в NC371i
├в ┬в NC373F
├в ┬в NC373i
├в ┬в NC373m
├в ┬в NC373T
├в ┬в NC374m
├в ┬в NC380T

Sounds like a nightmare we have with the nc373i. Card is used on the 385 g2. Updating the PSP 7.91 and disabling the RSS via the registry per Microsoft suggestion worked for us.

We had a couple of exchange cluster 585 g2 with 371i nic that also had problems. Lot of memory overhead. We went to the Intel Nic problems solved