1753418 Members
4866 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Power On After Power Outage

JohnJohnson

Power On After Power Outage

Hello,

I have an Proliant DL140. The server is connected to a network UPS. When there is a power outage, lasting longer than 15 minutes the server issues a shutdown. This is good. However, when power is resumed, the DL140 does not restart. Is there a way to configure the BIOS to always start when power is connected, rather than simply resuming its last state?

Thank you in advance for your comments and assistance.
2 REPLIES 2
Greg Prevost
Frequent Advisor

Re: Power On After Power Outage

I check the manual and the BIOS does not list a automatic power on feature after it receives power. Since this was a commanded shut-down, not a abrupt lose of poewer, I don't think you can have it power on automatically. It would be nice, but if you have frequent enough power offs due to the lose of power of more then 15 minutes, you might want to add more UPS power to extend your time.

Good luck

Greg Prevost
If it is still broke, I'm not finished
JohnJohnson

Re: Power On After Power Outage

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the response. You are correct HP did not design the Power On option in to the bios. We do not have frequent outages, but every outage needs to be recoverable without intervention. Fortunately I only have one HP server in the mix, so I'll be able to easily move its responsibilities and eliminate the problem.

Thanks again for your comments and assistance.