ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753769 Members
5430 Online
54796 Solutions
New Discussion

ProLiant DL380 G4 - no POST, no video

StopThatAstronaut

ProLiant DL380 G4 - no POST, no video

My proliant DL380 went down a week or so ago without explanation. When extracted from the datacenter yesterday, I got it to boot on the third try, after which it would restart from Windows with no problems.

Today it won't boot at all. no POST, no beeps, no nothing. iLO says that it's in standby state, even while the fans are roaring.

The PCI riser "AC power on" light is illuminated. none of the usual internal LEDs are illuminated aside from:

1 and 2 of the iLO set are flashing (indicating normal operation)
three LEDs marked "BI", "NM" and "IE" are illuminated (unable to find what this indicates)

I have tried re-seating all cards. Tried cycling through the DIMMs to see if any are dead. have popped out the drives and generally tried everything I can, still no video, still no POST, still no beeps, and iLO still reports the system staying in standby mode. Tried resetting CMOS with maintenance switch 6, still the same

I'm at the point where I think it's outright hardware failure deserving of a visit to a service technician, but thought I'd try the forums first. Any ideas?
1 REPLY 1
Prem Selvam Arumugam
Trusted Contributor

Re: ProLiant DL380 G4 - no POST, no video

Dear,

System Board is dead, Claim Warranty else order one !!!