ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753424 Members
4736 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ProLiant ML 110 G5 Sata expansion Cards

Sebastien Manseau

ProLiant ML 110 G5 Sata expansion Cards

I need to know what Sata expansion cards are compatible with this server.

I just need that since the sata port on the MB are NOT hot swap, therefore I don't need an RAID controller card, just an plain HOT SWAP sata expansion card.

Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Michael Gemmell

Hi,

I have the same question. Tried a generic "PCI to ESATA + SATA + IDE card" and the server won't power up. This is after I realised the socket in the slot is back-to-front!!!
Sebastien Manseau

I've found out that most generic SATA expansion card works on this system.
Sebastien Manseau

To: Michael Gemmell

If you've put the card in inverse you maybe created an short and damage some components. If the server don't boot up after removing the card, I mean not even powering up, that's bad.

I would suggest to send the tower to an HP authorized repair shop if it's the case.

If the server power up and it's an windows issue, then I think you know what to do. I would still suggest that you "avoid" using that slot in the future and possibly the expansion card as well.
Michael Gemmell

Hi Sebastien,

Thanks for your reply. Thankfully the system does work after I take the card out. A few bits & pieces I've read on the internet have suggested that the PCI slots in ProLiant servers may only accept certain types of cards, being HP branded or HP recommended.

Have confirmed that the card does work in another computer. Luckily it only cost AU$30, I'll find another use for it.

Does anyone know of any (preferably cheap) SATA cards that they have working in this server?

Cheers
Mikey
Sebastien Manseau

I have one, startech brand, it's a 1 port internal or external but they have with 1 or 2 ports internal or external port only.

This is the one I have, click on related products to have the other options.

http://www.startech.com/item-accessories/PEXESATA1-1-Port-PCI-Express-eSATA-Controller-Card.aspx

I hope it will help you out.