1752340 Members
6103 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: ProLiant MicroServer Gen8- Hard Drives pass test but fail diagnostics

Ecolemhance
Collector

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8- Hard Drives pass test but fail diagnostics

I've recently had three 4tb hard drives and 1 was recently replaced after a failure, they were in Raid 0.

Now I've got the repalcement hard drive and one more 4tb. This time however I want to put all 4 hard drives in raid 1+0. 

When I put the replacement in and the new hard drive, I deleted the old array, created a 1+0 array and I thought everything is fine.

One moment ii complains the status is 'Degraded(Ready for rebuild)' but it never recovers (nor it shouldnt be able to as my previous array was Raid 0, everything should have been lost).

The error I'm getting in Insight Diag is

F297: Local Dreive status is outstide of normal operating parameters. 

Is it possible there's still data on one or more of the hard drives and it's attempting to recover? I dont want it to rebuild, I'm happy to start from scratch.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Preethi_C
HPE Pro

Hi,

The array is trying to rebuild.

You can restart the server & load offline ACU to configure all the 4 hard drives.

Offline ACU could be downloaded from the following webpage:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_3c888073127c4c65b7bd8559eb#tab-history 

Regards,

Preethi.

I work for HPE!
If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Accept or Kudo

Tech_Aniket
HPE Pro

Hi,

As per the description, Kindly load the SSA utility using Intelligent provisioning. (Gen 8 Server)

Once the utility is loaded, Delete the Array and Logical Drive. (Click on Clear Configuration)

Check the Health of Hard Drive in the same Utility.

Insert all the drive and make sure the  there are no Logical Drives in the Utility.

Create a new Logical Drive with 4 Drives and select the RAID Option as RAID 1+0.

You can also use RAID 5 which has a Fault Tolerance of 1 Drive and Capacity is More.

In case if the issue persist, Please capture the ADU report and share it with me at Private Info Erased

Reards,

Aniket

HPE Employee

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo