ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752806 Members
5729 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem LIGHTS-OUT 100c using NAT (ML150)

zwaan joost

Problem LIGHTS-OUT 100c using NAT (ML150)

Hi,

I have a problem to view the Virtual KVM.
We use NAT adress to connect to the ILO.

Everything works fine. But when i want to connect to the Virtual KVM then it wants to connect to the 'not' NAT adress. And I get a JAVA error.
ERROR:
java.net.connectExeption: Connection refused: connect.

When i connect to a server inside the same subnet. And i don't use a NAT adres then everything works fine.

Why does this not work with a NAT adres?

Who can help me....
7 REPLIES 7
zwaan joost

Hi, Thanks for you reply. The first 2 links where not for my situation.

I updated the firmware. But it was the same version. After update it still did not work.

I think the card does not support NAT. But somehow that will be very strange for a HP product.
PK__
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem too! I wonder if anyone found a solution to this problem.
zwaan joost

No. I did not find a solution for this.
I loged a call @HP. But no go.
Dario ZUGCIC
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem on LO 100c for ML110 G4.

I have IE7 and Java 1.6.0_02-b06.
Peter Rap─Нan

Hi, I remember reading in the documentation that Virtual KVM is not supported (not working) over NAT. However I cannot even access the web interface over NAT from WAN (from LAN it works). I have NAT (port forwarding) and firewall set up correctly on my router - for ports 22, 80, 443 (ssh access works from WAN, web interface does not). Any ideas?
Hugues CHARBONNIER

It can't worl behind NAT address, because, the java applet try to access "Lights Out" through the private IP...

But i found a tips to make it working if you are on Linux:
Just run this command :
/sbin/iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d PRIVATE_IP_BEHIND_NAT -j DNAT --to-destination PUBLIC_IP

So when java applet will try to access the private_IP, it will be redirected to the PUBLIC_IP of "Lights Out", and then the KVM will be accessible behind NAT.