ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748183 Members
3692 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Problem with dl380 g6 installing w2k8 r2

Problem with dl380 g6 installing w2k8 r2

I have just bought a dl380 brand new but couldn't install it since 4 days.
Problem #1 is: SmartStart 8.30 will throw javascript error WIM.getElementsByTagName("MAJOR") is undefined .
Line number: 899

When just about to reboot. Allright that could be a small glitch so I try to install directly with the dvd.

Then I get:
Required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing. very brief and user friendly error.

After some google ing I tried to load up smart array p410i driver it detects tries to load but tells me there are no new devices and loops back. Nothing else off the psp cd will be even tried to be loaded.

So I call HP support we go over everyting again anda again checking raid, boot order, windows setup detects the hdd and the dvd. Then the guy tells me to hook a monitor to the server and do the installation over it because ilo may have caused this... (No virtual dvd only integrated console though)

Can anyone tell me what stupid driver would satisfy the W2kR2 setup and continue. Any help would be appreciated. Or I'll use the machine as ashtray since there is only the bios up&running on it.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Problem with dl380 g6 installing w2k8 r2

The os is w2k8 r2 i have misspelled it...
Will Owen (UK)

Did you manage to fix this? I am having the same issue on a DL585

It was a bad windows media downloaded from MSDN. Download the dvd image again...
Will Owen (UK)

OK Cheers.