New Discussion юеВ

Problems with redundant PSU on DL380 G6

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pato Mwangi
Occasional Contributor

Problems with redundant PSU on DL380 G6

Hi all,

My DL380 G6 (pid:491325-421) came standard with a 460W psu and we bought a redundant one with a rating of 750W. On booting with both psu installed, it gives an error: "Mismatched power supplies not supported. System halted!" and stops the boot process. I have tested the two psu independently and they work ok.Could it be that the G6 needs to have psu of the same rating?

Any insights and links highly appreciated. More info can be provided if needed.

Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Guldmyr
Solution

Re: Problems with redundant PSU on DL380 G6

Hi!

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13234_div/13234_div.html#Core%20Options

Quickspecs for the DL380 G6

Quote: " CAUTION: In ProLiant Servers that have more than one power slot (bay), only same size power supplies are recommended. If non-matched power supplies are inserted you will get errors and operation will fail."
Pato Mwangi
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Guldmyr.

The caution note in the Quick Specs page that you provided is actually very much in line with the error I'm getting. I've ordered a 460W psu to match the existing one and will get back to you about how it goes.

Thanks a lot.
Pato Mwangi
Occasional Contributor

Following the HP link that Guldmyr posted, I've matched the existing 460W with a similar one and the G6 booted flawlessly. Thanks Guldmyr.
Guldmyr

Wee!

Glad to hear everything worked out :)