ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Probs Installing Win2k on Proliant ML370 &310

ngako
Occasional Contributor

Probs Installing Win2k on Proliant ML370 &310

I have 2 machine an ML370 and ML310 and would like to run either Solaris 10 or Win2k but each time I run installation it comes up with message "Setup did not find any HD installed in your Computer. Make sure they are attached and powered on". However, on the ML370 I was able to install Linux 7. Can anyone help me on how to get about installing any of these OS on these machine?
3 REPLIES 3
Carlos_61
Valued Contributor

Re: Probs Installing Win2k on Proliant ML370 &310

In W2k, get Array pci scsi driver on diskette from Smart Start CD, press F6 when OS installation prompts you for additional drivers and continue with normal installation.
ngako
Occasional Contributor

I think I found the solution to the problem.
For the ML370 just download and put in a floppy drivers for Smart Array 5300 http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23379.html and just follow the screen message.

For ML310 download the SmartStart 7.4 image and copy to a cd then power on the server. First press F8 to setup the raid config and then restart server into Smartstart 7.4 and just follow the screen and click on deployment. The rest after that is easy.

Thanks for the help also
ngako
Occasional Contributor

Pls, for ML370 after extracting the drivers into a floppy boot the machine with the WIN2K startup disk1 and press F6 to install a scsci device and after the 2nd disk it will prompt for the floppy with the drivers.