ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753406 Members
7015 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant 3000 & Compaq Integrated SCSI Card

Derek McGowan

Proliant 3000 & Compaq Integrated SCSI Card

I am getting REALLY slow transfer rates through the integrated SCSI card on my Proliant 3000 (between 35 and 50 Mb/s) - does anyone know where I can find the following;

1) An upgrade to the firmware
2) A utility to fully test the Integrated Card
3) A Utility to manage & change settings (or is it even possible to do that with this card.

3 REPLIES 3
Bostjan Kosi
Trusted Contributor

How many disk drives are attached to that card....are you having a SMART array controller or are you talking about normal SCSI? Depending on your server age the integrated card is probably UW...with a max troughput of 40MB/s so....
Nothing is impossible for those that don't have to do it themselves!
Derek McGowan

Hi ...

Thanks for your response ... it is the dual integrated 32 Bit SCSI U320 that comes with the server. I have two drives (Mirrored though win2k) on one port, and an HP dat24 on the other.

I just checked the backup log yesterday, and rechecked some of my other things, I am actually getting between 35 and 50 Mbytes/Minute, not second as earlier stated (sorry, my typo), and on my back up two days a go, I got 15 Mbytes per minute ...

The main issue I am having is that system startup (Win2K) can take up to 30 minutes, and 7 or 8 or my services time out - so after looking around, I am thinking that maybe my SCSI is crapping out, but I want to confirm this before I tell the PTB (Powers That Be - sorry, Buffy/Angel fan) we need to buy a new SCSI Card ...

Thanks
Mark Morgan
Regular Advisor

Have you updated the scsi drivers in windows which compaq provides? It is a service pack you can download.