ProLiant Servers - Netservers

Proliant 800, need Battery Form Factor

SOLVED
Go to solution
Steven_144
Frequent Advisor

Proliant 800, need Battery Form Factor

I have a Proliant 800... both batteries need replacing, however they are soldered onto the motherboard and I/O board. I understand both modules have provisions for fitting the replacement batteries by way of jumper pins.

I have seen "Battery holders" in the store that hold anyware from 2, 3 and 4 double "AA" batteries. The holders themselves have 2 wires, one black and one red with a 2 pin femail connector. I know this type of holder will work, however my question is what is the "FORM" Factor. Do I go with the 2 or 3 or 4 "AA" battery holder.

Thank you in advance...

Steven
5 REPLIES 5
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Proliant 800, need Battery Form Factor

Check the attachement hope that helps
Steven_144
Frequent Advisor

Robin,

Thank you for the information reguarding the battery, however I would still like to know... basically how many "AA" batteries would it take to equal 3.3 volts.

Thank you

Steven
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Steven:

What you are asking is going to cause trouble on your ProLiant 800. The required voltage is 4.5v at 600mA.

You should be able to get this battery from many hardware stores or computer shops if you do not purchase it from HP (aprox US$30.00).

Please take a look at the following link:
http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=160274-001

G'luck! -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Steven_144
Frequent Advisor

John, Thank you for the information concerning the battery... I can now get the computer up and running. Also Thank you Robin, for your information which is the exact same as John's.

Sincerely;

Steve
Steven_144
Frequent Advisor

John & Robin, Thank you for the valuable information. I have been working on this issue for quite awhile.

Thank you both for the outstanding support!

Sincerely;

Steve