1752662 Members
5769 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant 800 won't boot (no video)

dvdmwilliams
Occasional Contributor

Proliant 800 won't boot (no video)

I get a proliant a few days ago, the problem is won't boot, there's no video on the screen (no post,nothing), i tried a solution on another post, flashing the rom turning on the server with dip switches 1,4,5,6 on, there's two long beeps but the floppy drive wont read anything, plz help me i dont know what to do...

server specs, intel PII 450mhz processor, one stick of 1gb ram, three 4,3gb HDD, cd and floppy drive, scsi controller etc...

P.S. this thread has been moved from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ProLiant Servers - Netservers - HP Forums Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

Re: Proliant 800 won't boot (no video)

hi,

Please check your memory. In the most cases, where the server beeps, is the ram.

Thanks

regards,

How to Say Thank You? Just click the KUDOS!
dvdmwilliams
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply.
That is the problem, on normal boot there's no beep, the fans work well, the processor gets warm, etc, only there's two long beeps when in maintenance mode (switch2: 1,4,5,6 ON) , but the floppy drive don't read the new rom on floppy disk. I read on the internet the maximun ram for this server is 1gb, 256mb per bank, could it be the problem or the mother would have to take the memory as 256mb?
PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

When you set switch 4 to ON position , it disables the system to boot from the diskette drive. Please set all the switches to OFF position and check what happens.

Thanks

regards,

dvdmwilliams
Occasional Contributor

Nothing happens when all switches are off

PGTRI
Honored Contributor

hi,

You can try with another dimm, if you have some spares.  It wil be good if you have some 256 MB dimm,but  it can be everything.

Thanks

regards,