3300 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant DL380 G4 & PXE

SOLVED
Go to solution
Blake_17

Has HP had any word on using ADS 1.1 with DL380 G4's?
Greg Chapman

I'm experiencing the same issues with DL380 G4 and ADS 1.1. Looking forward to HP's comments and solutions for this one!
CA999181
Occasional Advisor

We are still waiting to hear from HP. We are now at a point that MS may be providing a fix to us this week of 3/20/06. As I mentioned HP and now MS have recreated our situation...I will post an update as soon as I have tested our new solution..hopefully this week!

Jerry
Jay P. Moock

Just tried to fire up ADS 1.1 on a DL360 G4 using WinPE and I am seeing exactly what was described by Jerry on 1/12/06. Have there been any updates on this issue? I'm about to go down and try the HP Firmware Update CD v7.5, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Thanks,
Jay
Jay P. Moock

FYI - The firmware update did nothing to help my situation, but I WAS able to get it to work properly by integrating the NIC drivers for the DL360 G4 into my WinPE ADS repository.
CA999181
Occasional Advisor

Latest update on our issues with ADS 1.1:
We were Finally able to get the 380g4 to boot to the DA - (PE is has been ok for us); The only way we could get this to work is to use a q57 driver set from early 2005 (either Jan / Feb release timeline).

We had HP and Broadcom review this driver set against their current ones, made some changes, sent us a test driver - which has failed. We moved to PE as we could get this to work - but the DA issue still exists after all these months.

Now we have a winpe issue trying to boot via ADS 1.1 to the new DL580 G4 - it will download the pe image, but we get a message that the adsadminagent service could not start. We of course have integrated the most current drivers into our PE image.

Any one else testing on this new hardware yet?