1753448 Members
6032 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML110 G2 - RAID 6 port SATA - installation Win2003

Roberto Fiocchi
Occasional Advisor

Proliant ML110 G2 - RAID 6 port SATA - installation Win2003

I try to install Windows server 2003 SBE on Proliant ML110 G2 with 2 HD SATA in RAID 1.
Because there aren't the floppy i use an external floppy usb or pen drive, in it there are the drivers for HP RAID 6 port SATA, but after selected when the setup copy the files for continue to installation, the setup ask me put floppy with drive in a: .
And i stop it.
what is the procedure correct for install windows 2003 on hp proliant ml110 with controller RAID 6 port sata?
Thanks, sorry my english,but i'm an italian user
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Frank.......

Having the same problem with a G3.
Had there been a FD controller on the mainboard it wouldnt be a problem. Spent 1.5 hours on the phone with HP support with no result.
IBM describes the problem here:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-56064
I have a Sony USB drive, and cant find any resellers who sell any other model. The server is supposed to be up tomorrow and I'm stuck.
Any solutions? HP cant possibly sell a server that you cant install???
Frank.......

Hoping this will be the solution to the problem...
Make a new Windows 2003 cd with the driver included:
http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1703&page=1
Bernard Deren

I've used USB floppy drive from my SONY VAIO laptop and was able to install the drivers. I noticed that when you use USB thumb drive it first recognized the drive as A: but then during installation it changes it to C:, therefore when it asks you to put drivers in drive A: it is no longer there. USB Floppy drive is assigned letter A: and because its a floppy drive it never changes the letter. Hope this help. Note: I don't know if any other USB drive would work but the SONY I have did the trick so I figured it should work with any USB Floppy Drive.