ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748288 Members
3501 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML110 SCSI HDD / Firmware Update CD deadlock: Can't apply critical firmware update!

CA1487110
Occasional Contributor

Proliant ML110 SCSI HDD / Firmware Update CD deadlock: Can't apply critical firmware update!

Hi,

I noticed there was a critical firmware update for the U320 hard drive installed in my Proliant ML110 SCSI server and downloaded the romflash component.

The romflash component can only be applied by means of the Proliant SmartStart Firmware CD, but the cd refuses to update a ML110 server (it only supports series 300, 500 and 700)

So this kind of a deadlock. Please help me. How can I update my hard drive's firmware?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Re: Proliant ML110 SCSI HDD / Firmware Update CD deadlock: Can't apply critical firmware update!

Will you please provide a link to the download location for the U320 HDD critical firmware update? There may be other options.
CA1487110
Occasional Contributor

Re: Proliant ML110 SCSI HDD / Firmware Update CD deadlock: Can't apply critical firmware update!

The update is the "ROM Flash component - BD03695CC8 drive - version HPB6E"

Web page link is:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/storage/us/download/26461.html

I searched around and didn't see an update method other than the Firmware CD...
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

You have an interesting predicament. I haven't tested what I'm about to suggest, but please consider it.

The HP Drive Key Boot Utility will allow you to partition/format/write a generic USB flash drive with various images. One of them appears to be a bootable ISO Linux capable of firmware flashing. After preparing the USB flash drive, copy the required *.SCEXE file (containing the firmware update) to the USB flash drive. There is a folder off the root of the drive, and I'm unsure where the utility would be looking.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/23839.html

If you decide to try it, please let me know how it works.