ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748151 Members
3610 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant ML115 G5 Issue

Barry Ryan

Proliant ML115 G5 Issue

We just got a ML115 G5 server, after installing server 2003 we needed 2 drivers, the chipset and and 1 other unknown device, after trying the graphics driver the screen went blank, after restart it was still blank,the server gives off a single beep every 6 seconds and sometimes it gives 2 beeps together, any ideas on how I should resolve this, connecting it to a second moniter has not woked, thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

Try the minimun configuration and also try clearing the CMOS. The system board has a system configuration (CMOS) button (SW2). To clear system configuration, remove AC power cord and press the CMOS button for seconds
Gürkan Ger

I have the very same problem. It occured after i tried to update the BIOS using W2003.
The update program froze and after a long wait, i shut down the server without problems.

I contacted HP Business Support, when i have an answer, i'll write it here.

BTW, do you have a solution?

Thanks.

Gürkan Ger.
Gürkan Ger

I found it!
I tried the following suggestion from another thread and it worked. Thank you "Adrian Antwis"
==========
(Last mail of http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1246015066301+28353475&threadId=1242836)
==========
==========
Firstly, remove the cover to server, find the small jumper "BIOS RESET" and take out.
then....

1) Download the ROMPaq Update for USB (HP Website) should extract to c:\SWSetup or create a new folder On working PC/LAPTOP ect
2) Install by clicking on the .EXE
3) Run the HP Rompaq Setup
4) Get a USB Stick must be less then 2GB I used a 1GB and worked fine, and put in PC
the romPaq Should see the USB Drive, click Ok and follow the instructions
4) IF all ok you should have a formatted USB drive that will update your ML115
Now for the good bit.

5) Stick the Pen Drive in Server - Turn On and wait a while, you should see the USB flash a few time and after a few minutes hear a series of quick beeps (mini melody)
6) Switch Off and take the USB Drive out, replace the BIOS Reset Jumper and power back on...