ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753797 Members
7413 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML370 G2 Setup

Matt Dinsmore

Proliant ML370 G2 Setup

I have just bought a second hand 370 at auction and am attempting to set it up, however it does not appear to have an operating system and I am struggling to get it to recognise the SCSI drives and controller. What operating system is recommended and what steps are required, (just for a hobby/home server).
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Iain McCracken
Frequent Advisor

You need to get hold of a smart start cd you can download one from there web site It is a bootable cd and all you have to do is follow the instuctions and it is realy up to you what o/s you put on it
Matt Dinsmore

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your time. I have downloaded an early and a current version of the HP CD, but in my efforts I have made the problem worse as the server is not booting from the CD (or any MS operating system cd) but going to a version of DR DOS. When I change drive back to the CD it reads it, but refuses to run the setup.exe (or any other command)files as it "will not run in DOS mode". I need to find some way of reformatting or removing the program from the hard drive and simply booting from the HP smart start CD. Hopefully I can then install Windows SBS 2003. Any suggestion or referral is welcome
SPENCE

You need to download SmartStart 7.7 from the HP site and load it onto a CD (or find an original copy of SmartStart). It must be in the CD drive at power-up and it will auto-start (it appears to run in a UNIX environment). It will load and prompt you through the whole process.
Matt Dinsmore

Thanks for the reply. managed to get it to boot from an SBS 2003 disk and all is now going well. Thanks for the replies and the forum for assistance