ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1752505 Members
5653 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant ML370 - NO DISK ARRAY

Kevin_349

Proliant ML370 - NO DISK ARRAY

This is a pretty basic setup. Brand new Proliant ML370 G4 w/ 3 SCSI drive connected directly to the board. During the boot process it sees the SCSI drives, but when I run the SmartStart CD I get "ACU did not detect any supported controllers on your system. I cannot configure a disk array. Has anyone else seen this? Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
CA1256535
Advisor

Are you sure that you have array controller? If yo can see during the bot process SCSI drives, that means, that your drives are not connected to array controllers but to SCSI controller. Integrated SCSI controller in ML370G4 don't support RAID (any level).
regards,
Andrzej
Stephen Kebbell
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Andrzej is correct, you don't have an array controller.
The ML370 G4 has no onboard RAID. You need a separate Smart Array controller (e.g. 641, 6402) if you want hardware-based RAID.
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/arraycontrollers/index.html

Regards,
Stephen
Kevin_349

I have a brand new HP 64-bit dual channel wide ultra3 scsi adapter that I was planning on using for an external tape drive, but it also has internal connections. Could I use this? Thanks
CA1256535
Advisor

If you have: 64-Bit/133-MHz Dual Channel Ultra320 SCSI Adapter (PN 268351-B21), you can connect hard drives, but you cannot create RAID. This is simple SCSI controller.
regards,
Andrzej
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor