ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1753333 Members
5404 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Proliant ML370 server reboots automatically every night

Troy Giefer

Proliant ML370 server reboots automatically every night

I have a Proliant ML370 with Windows Server 2003. Every night the server reboots by itself. No other servers in the room are rebooting, so I know this is specific to this box. I had it plugged into an UPS but that did not make any difference, it still rebooted. Help!
3 REPLIES 3
thyag
Occasional Contributor

Re: Proliant ML370 server reboots automatically every night

Check for any Crond jobs that are running on the server. The server may actually be programmed to reboot every day.
Troy Giefer

This is a new server jsut out of the box, so that's probably not the problem. But just in case, where do I look for any cron jobs on a windows box?
CA893598
Honored Contributor

You don't - crond - or the cron daemon is a unix/linux daemon that can be used to run tasks at specified times.

Thyag is probably a linux/unix user who was just making a suggestion, which is actually quite valid - there are Windows utilities that can cause the server to reboot, but they would be harder to pinpoint than on a linux/unix platform - check the event log to see if the reboot occurs at the same time every night.

Whether or not it's the same time, you need to find out what happens at that time - do you have a janitor plugging in a vacuum cleaner to the the wrong outlet?

You could also check the ASR (automatic server recovery) settings and change it - for example, I think the default is to reboot to the OS, you could set it to page you or reboot to diagnostics, and in that way you could eliminate it as one possible cause.