5821 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Proliant ML570 G3 (Win Server 2003 OS) unable to recognize cd rom drive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jeff McGill

Proliant ML570 G3 (Win Server 2003 OS) unable to recognize cd rom drive

I have a Proliant ML570 G3 server running Windows Server 2003. The issue I am experiencing is with the DVD ROM 8X/24X slim drive. The server no longer sees the drive. I tried to re-install it, but the server doesn't even recognize any new hardware whatsoever.

Please Help!!!

Thanks in advance.

Jeff McGill
1 REPLY 1
Attila Szabó
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Re: Proliant ML570 G3 (Win Server 2003 OS) unable to recognize cd rom drive

Dear Jeff,

First, try to boot from a CD (like Smartstart CD or a Windows install CD), if you can boot, it seems to be a windows problem (you have very little chance for that).

If you cannot boot, second, check for latest BIOS for your server (last is: version 2006.08.08 (31 Aug 06)
), you can download it form here: http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/25274.html
The BIOS can be flashed under windows, simple start the file, and follow the instructions.

But most likely its a problem with the drive or motherboard/cables etc. So at last, couse your server is under warranty, do not try to repair that, just call an authorized HP service provider to fix it. This server normally has NBD (next business day) respone warranty. If the problem is the DVD drive itself, then they will send you a drive, couse its customer replacable.

Hope it will help,
Attila