1753767 Members
5862 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Microserver Gen8 Flashing Red Light

dcanizares
Occasional Visitor

Proliant Microserver Gen8 Flashing Red Light

Hello, I bought this microserver 2 days ago but the server is not booting and the red light is flashing quickly. It seems to be a power failure. Is there anything I could try prior to returning it? The pcie plate has been removed so I assume the server is not completely new and someone has tried to plug a pcie video card but just guessing. It's a shame as this server is quite difficult to find nowadays. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Vador
HPE Pro

There should be no PCIe plate/board to remove. The systemboard has only 1 PCI slot. As far as the issue is concerned, I am assuming that this is the Health LED that is flashing. This server should have iLO and if you have configured it and can connect to it, the Integrated Management Logs should tell us more about the actual failure. Also, try disconnecting all the components including the power cable and perform a power drain, i.e. press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds. Connect only the power cable and a monitor and check if there is a difference. If the server comes up, check if there are any applicable firmware updates that can be performed.

Regards,

Vador

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

dcanizares
Occasional Visitor

Hi, Thank you for your response. I've already replaced the mainboard with a new one they have sent me from tech support. It is working fine now, should've closed the thread if it is possible, I'm sorry. We were making some checks with the ILO and tried to reset the bios with the jumper #6 but it didn't solve the problem.

Vador
HPE Pro

Glad to know that the problem is fixed.

Regards,

Vador

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

second2falcon
Frequent Visitor

Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I recently got a Microserver Gen8 from one of my friends and it has been spitting out this error in iLO.

System Power Fault Detected (XR: 20 00 MID: DE F5 FE 01 FF FF FF 06 06 00 00 02 00 05 40 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00)

I have tried reseating all cables, reseating the CPU, reseating the backplane connector (SAS), tried booting with and without RAM, with and without HDDs/USBs, but have gotten nowhere.

Can you decipher the error code?

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @second2falcon,

Thank you for writing to us! 

You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo