1752271 Members
4767 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Proliant Support Pack 8.20 -> Load always at 1

Ugo Bellavance (ATQ)
Frequent Advisor

finally, the problem is not solved... as my operations just killed hp-snmp-agents... when I restarded it and the load came back above 1. I'll wait for 8.26.
Rabie Van der Merwe
Occasional Advisor

Has anyone been given an eta on 8.26 or 8.30?
kheller2
Frequent Advisor

What is the -r flag for in PFLAGS, it isn't defined in the help flags for the binary.

Also, will the fix be in a new hp-health RPM? Can you even tell us with the fix is if it isn't a binary change but a flag or script change?

The upsetting thing is this was directly reported by us to HP a while ago and we got completely ignored.

Has anybody an open formal support case with HP? Will it help if I open one?
David Altobelli
Occasional Advisor

830 should be available via the web in September.

The flags are undocumented because it is not normal for them to be configured by hand. Basically, those flags control how often cmasm2d checks for a SNMP packet passed through from the iLO. The fix will change the default wait times in the binary.
kheller2
Frequent Advisor

Shouldn't there be a notification posted about this? Granted it isn't critical but a lot of folks aren't going to find this little fix.

Suporte SO

I really don't think that changing the default wait times is the real fix. Why can't this be fixed by removing the busy wait and use a full wait for the hpilo device?

The process should attempt to read or poll, and sleep waiting for a packet. That's Unix way of doing stuff.

For now, I will simply disable this process in all our servers.
OOS Unixbeheer

PSP 8.30 is out. Has anybody tested 8.30 wrt the load problem?
iceman76

We have a fresh install of SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 64 bit with the latest HP-Management Software

hp-health-8.3.0.43-19
hp-snmp-agents-8.3.0.27-17

Problem ist still there. With cmasm2d running there is a load of 0.6 - 0.7, without it there is a load of 0.05 - 0.10

Andrew Stanczak
Occasional Collector

Hiya, just tested this with 64bit CentOS release 5.3 and Proliant Support Pack 8.3.0 running on DL380g6:

- load with default PSP settings: 0.31, 0.33, 0.28

- load with manually modified cma.conf (exclude cmasm2d cpqriisd cmarackd): 0.02, 0.06, 0.08

So yep, I think problem is still there.

Cheers
--
"That is the worst and most contemptible plan since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the Vikings, ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside" - Edmund Blackadder