ProLiant Servers - Netservers
1748028 Members
4953 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RILO II Remote Console Trouble

Howard Graves

RILO II Remote Console Trouble

I've just installed a RILO card and the PSP/Management software on a ML370 and can use the remote shutdown/powerup features, but cannot get the remote console to work within the LAN. The Sun logo/star just sparkles and does nothing no matter how long I wait.

Remote console is enabled. Tried dis/re-enable.
No firewall between client and server.
Java's VM newest version 5 on client.
Accepted all certificates.
Tried both IE6 and IE7.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
Howard Graves

BTW- the out of the box firmware version was 1.16 dated 3/22/05 and I'm in the process of upgrading it.
Howard Graves

After using HP Firmware Maint v 7.61, I was successful in installing RILO II firmware update from v1.16 to 1.21, as well as various others (old SmartArray, and HDD firmware).

However, this had no effect on the Remote Console.

Grasping at straws, I double checked Java settings to ensure Enable Caching is disabled, but v5 of Sun Java's VM has no setting for this...

Video resolution on both host and server have been set equally 800x600 on both or 1024x768 to no effect.
Howard Graves

I found it!!!!

My problem was a Java caching issue and deep within the applet control panel was the box to uncheck "Enable Caching".

Here's it's path for Java v5:
Windows Control Panel,Java Applet,
General Tab, under heading Temporary Internet Files, click on Settings... bar. Then click View Applets... bar and look in the lower left hand portion of the screen. Uncheck the box marked Enable Caching.

Whew.
Kedd Guyton
Respected Contributor

Thank you for sharing the solution!
Brian Wolf

Thank you!!! I've been awakened 3 nights in the past 2 weeks because of this issue....if I could only post money on the forums!

Thank you!!!!

Brian
Howard Graves

Your thanks is well recieved and you're most welcome.