1753716 Members
4793 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Raid0 to Raid1

Vipul Arora

Raid0 to Raid1

I have a prolaint server with OS on one drive (Raid0), in the event viewer this drive is showing some errors and needs replacement, I have a spare hard drive of the same size, can I put this new drive in Raid1(mirror) with the old drive without loosing the OS files.After mirror is built, I will remove the old faulty drive and put another new one.Let me know if this possible.
2 REPLIES 2
Hense, Klaus
Valued Contributor

On HP Smart Array Controller I think there is no way to do this.

I m Sure that it works with ICP Vortex (Intel) Controller .... ;-)

The only way you can trie is booting from last SmartStart CD and then load ACU. There is a Expert modus. Maybe .. good luck!
-----------------

Make a Image from your disk on network,
chnage the drives and build your Raid0 new. Then restore your Image...
klhe
CA1029186

Vipul,
Yes you can change a RAID0 to RAID1.
Insert the new drive. I'm not sure you can see the new disk without rebooting. I normally reboot. Either press F8 to configure the raid or insert StartStart cd.

The idea is to create a new array using the new disk as RAID0. Finish booting the server. Get into the array configuration utility. You should see the new logical drive. Click on the logical drive that you want to mirror. You should now see an option to "re-mirror array". Just select the logical drive you previously created. It will create the mirror.
After completion, you can replace the faulty drive and it will automatically re-mirror.
Stuart Hagge