108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Replacing Netraid Controller 1M

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA1237124
Occasional Advisor

Replacing Netraid Controller 1M

Recently one of our LC2000s began having trouble with its NetRaid 1M Controller. We have gotten a spare from HP and will be replacing the Netraid controller. The HDDs have data on them and cannot lose it. Can someone point me in the direction of getting this new controller installed without losing the data on the existing HDDs?
Config = 3 Hdds raid 5.
3 REPLIES 3
Sean T. Craig
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Replacing Netraid Controller 1M

Hi Mark,

Under normal circumstances, when you replace the NetRAID Card, it should give you a configuration mismatch because the card checks to see if it's NVRAM matches the Disk config.
When you get the mismatch, use the M utility (NetRAID Express Tool) and select Configure-->View/Add/Delete Configuration-->View Disk Config to read the config off of the disks. When you escape out, it will ask if you want to save, thereby synchronizing the 2 configs.

To be safe, you should record the logical drive parameters prior to removing the old card. If you need to recreate the logical drive configuration, you will still be able to access the information on the drives, as long as you don't initialize the newly created array.

Also, HP still provides free phone support for this model of Netserver and I highly recommend you call them at 1-800-474-6836 and say "Netserver" a the prompt. They can walk you through the process to ensure that none of your data is lost.

Let us know how that works out for you,

Sean T. Craig Sr. C.E.T., M.C.P.

I am King...of my apartment.
CA1237124
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the phone number and the steps.
I was unable to find this online.
I have called another support line 1-800-633-3600 but was on hold three time for more than 15 minutes. grrrr...
I'll post my results and the steps I take.
CA1237124
Occasional Advisor

Replaced card. After booting the server it loaded Windows without any problems.
Loaded the Windows driver when prompted and also reinstalled NetRaid Assistant.
Looks like the drive is rebuilding (blinking orange light).